Results Driven Strategy™
Charting Your Own Course within an Ever Changing Landscape
Strategy is the glue that holds together the many systems and initiatives within any organization…without it, consistency of action in the many parts of an organization is not assured.
- You want to ensure that you and your management team can clearly articulate the company’s central purpose and focus.
- You want a clear statement of strategy that is concrete and can provide guidance to decision makers
- You need a common way to tie together corporate, business unit and staff department directions together
- You need flexibility and plans that enable the organization to respond strategically to change
- You want everyone on your team and in your organization to be on the same page, working together and not acting like competitors
- You need to identify levers to achieve internal alignment to your mission, vision and values as well as your actual day-to-day operating culture.
- You want measurable business goals and clarity in accountability
- You want straightforward, hard hitting results
The Results Driven Strategy™ process will support, guide and assist the CEO and senior executive team to examine and address the following:
- Determine what to offer and/or what service to provide, to whom, where
- Reach conclusions about the future environment
- Make decisions about products/services, suppliers/customers, markets, geography (the scope of the organization)
- Craft, execute and sustain their organization’s strategy
- Articulate the “why” of the business to ensure employee alignment and understanding
- Determine the culture and environment needed for performance
Performance Mindset and Strategy Execution
Once you have your strategy developed, you need to ensure that your team and organization have the mindset and are creating the environment to enable them to delivery on their mandates and strategies, leading to organizational success. Research has shown that a constructive performance enhancing culture is a key aspect to attain superior organizational results and sustain long-term effectiveness.In one study, net income grew 756% over an 11-year time span for organizations with constructive corporate cultures compared to a 1% growth for companies without.
At the organizational level, the research shows a relationship between the constructive culture styles and outcomes including employee engagement, safety and reliability, successful merger integration, creativity, adaptability, innovation and customer satisfaction. As part of our strategy development process we work collaboratively with you to determine the underlying organizational culture, identify the desired culture and work with your team to develop clear strategies and action for initiating and guiding change and development.
Susan Kleinschmidt of Good Insights Strategy Inc. is accredited and certified in Human Synergistics Organizational Culture Inventory ® (OCI) – a statistically valid and reliable approach to measuring the culture of your organization.
Strategic Thinking = Success
- How effective is your organization?
- Do you have a cohesive team and organization that is pulling together or are they competing with one another and operating in silo’s?
- Do you know what to do to become more effective?
- Will these changes actually make a difference in terms of performance?
You may or may not have recently undertaken an employee engagement survey. You may have gotten the results and not believed them or you may have good results and even be a top employer, yet something just still doesn’t feel right. Maybe when you read the comments a different story of working at your organization emerges. You may be having difficulty recruiting, retaining staff or there is just a general feeling that things are not as great as they once were.
- You need to understand the root causes and not be dealing with symptoms and guesses
- You need an information-based approach to assess the important internal factors and conditions that impact organizational performance and sustainability.
- You need a complete picture of both the climate and the culture of the organization in terms of:
- What people experience and perceive as members of the organization
- The impact this has on what they believe is expected of them (norms and culture)
- How culture in turn leads to important outcomes at the individual level (e.g., engagement), the group level (e.g., teamwork), and the organizational level (e.g., adaptability and quality)
- You need real reasons, strategies and results to guide any change initiatives
While many organizations survey their employees to determine overall levels of engagement, these surveys largely tell management what employees like and what they don’t like. Our approach uses the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) and Organizational Culture Index ® (OCI) from Human Synergistics (http://www.humansynergistics.com) as a foundation for our programs. This tool provides powerful metrics to tell you the “Why”. This is a research-based, scientifically developed, valid and reliable alternative to employee opinion surveys. The OEI ® provides an actionable, impactful, and research-based alternative to employee attitude and opinion surveys, linking climate and culture in terms This assessment will identify not only employee engagement but organizational effectiveness as well.
Through the Good Insights Process we will develop a detailed snapshot of your organizational culture, the factors leading to and reinforcing that culture, the outcomes of that culture and how to go about changing and moving towards a more respectful, constructive and productive work place.
Please click here for more information about the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory ® (OEI ®) and the Organizational Culture Index ® (OCI ®) the world’s most widely used and effective culture survey.
Statistic: 96% of people believe that culture change is required in their organization.
Results from the Organizational Effectiveness Process
As a result of working with Good Insights Strategy Inc. in relation to your organization culture you will be able to:
- Describe your organization’s culture in terms of the behaviours that are currently expected of members.
- Define the behaviours that ideally should be expected for your organization to be successful and to create the desired constructive, respectful workplace culture.
- Discern the impact of your organization’s culture on members.
- Determine whether subcultures exist within your organization.
- Establish a direction for you to continue to develop a high performing workplace culture.
- Establish a benchmark for current organizational culture and an ability to monitor performance.
Contact me to learn more about increasing your team and your organization’s effectivenes.
Effective Team Retreats
You may be thinking – we should have a team retreat. Yes, you definitely should. Getting your team together on a regular basis to work ON the business as opposed to always working IN the business is critical to success.
Let me help you to make your team retreats more focused and meaningful, ensuring that you meet your objectives. I have developed some excellent ways to build teams while focusing on business results. No fluff here! My clients are achieving sustained results and together we have created a regular cadence or cycle of meetings and events to ensure that the team and organization continues to grow and work together.
Contact me to chat about how we can make your team retreats more effective.